Web lists-archives.com

Re: Proofreading

On 02/22/2017 05:23 PM, Annailis wrote:
On 2017-02-21 7:43 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/21/2017 04:32 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-02-21 16:45, Sailfish wrote:
[...]
Ugh! I really need to re-read my replies when I've decided the re-write
parts of them :-)

s/true even given/true BUT even given/

It's well known that we are poor proofreaders of our own work.
:-)

Read backwards.  A handy hint given to me by a Dutch woman, the only
person (at the time, at least) who was a better proofreader than me.

Or is it "...who was a better proofreader than I"?  English grammar can
sometimes be as confusing as English spelling.

If it's the object of the preposition 'than' then it's 'me'; if it's 'better than I AM' then it's some other grammatical construction whose name I've forgotten. Hubby and I argue about this all the time. I like 'better than me'.

--
Cheers, Bev
   I bought a tape called "Subliminal Advertising"