Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

My bloviated meandering follows what Wolf K. graced us with on 2/21/2017 11:26 AM:
On 2017-02-21 10:55, Sailfish wrote:
Your reference suffers from extreme cutting and, perhaps, neglecting to
review the source of my claim, as I will repost below:

I studied it, couldn't find the chart that shows federal tax by income.

I'll report it again, by itself:
Income Tax revenue for 2016 was $3.27T USD, see
http://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/federal_revenue

I did note this tidbit on the NPR page:
"The income part of the data excludes dividends, capital gains and income from real estate, like rent payments." Those forms of income are not taxed like other forms.

Here's another link, if you want more gory details:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debt-to-GDP_ratio

It includes very scientific looking formulas.

And here's a link showing the debt/GDP ratio by year:
https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GFDEGDQ188S

And here's a discussion of money supply and debt:
https://fredblog.stlouisfed.org/2014/07/spurious-correlation/?utm_source=series_page&utm_medium=related_content&utm_term=related_resources&utm_campaign=fredblog However, economic activity is determined not by the numbers, but a) peoples' perceptions of economic activity; b) beliefs about how the economy works; and c) values, attitudes, and emotions.

Some of that is true even given all positive levels of a, b, and c doesn't amount to much in countries that don't have a wealth of natural resources to exploit, temperate weather and means to get goods to the market.

--
Sailfish