Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2017-02-20 09:55, Disaster Master wrote:
On Tue Feb 14 2017 16:07:09 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Sailfish
<NIXCAPSsailfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
"... 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by interest on
the federal debt *AND by* federal government contributions to transfer
payments."
I am always willing to admit when I'm wrong, and after going back and
looking at this, I was.

I was going from memory, but even back when I read this, I didn't know
that 'transfer payments' included welfare (social security, medicare,
food stamps, etc).

So, if all federal welfare was abolished (as it should be), and the
providing of assistance to those in need was left to The States and
Local governments and private organizations (churches, charities, etc)
where it belongs, then there would be a huge surplus, and the debt could
be paid down.

So, thanks for correcting me, it is appreciated.

You're forgetting Federal highways, ports, etc; Federal services (such as weather, research funding, etc); Federal police and intelligence (FBI, NSA etc); the whole apparatus of international diplomacy; the armed forces; etc.

And most of all you're forgetting that since the debt was privatised, there is every incentive to keep those interest payments transferring money from the "little people" to those who don't pay taxes.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com