Web lists-archives.com

Re: Two words, Mozilla: SPEED! NOW! Quit fiddling and get serious

On 2/16/2017 11:12 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what pete@xxxxxxxxxx graced us with on
2/16/2017 1:24 AM:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/15/mozilla_serious_speed/

One person's comments in "the  A Register"

[excerpt quote=\"
I'd like to see Mozilla embrace that approach. I'd like to see Mozilla
continue to forget about the Firefox UI and focus their attention lower
down in the stack. The Firefox UI isn't broken, it works quite well,
it's stable, don't go messing with it. Don't go "innovating", don't add
something stupid like rounded tabs just because you hired some new
designer who needs something to do.
\" /]

Or here's a novel thought, instead of the paid Mozilla team spending
time and money on feverishly attempting to keep up with Chrome and
MSIE's UI changes, why not pull a Poseidon and, "Release the Themers!"?
Give them back the tools to modify the styling of the UI available
pre-Australis, pre-Personas, then hold off UI changes until the Themers
can use a solid UI architecture to seed the and encourage {complete}
theme development. Then they could redirect the devs focused on
cookie-cutter UI changes to work on Fx internal development.

You mean stop being a follower, and return to being a leader? Stop designing to the lowest common denominator, and start catering to those who actually USE their browser from something other than Facebook, or Amazon?
YEAH!