Web lists-archives.com

Re: Two words, Mozilla: SPEED! NOW! Quit fiddling and get serious

My bloviated meandering follows what pete@xxxxxxxxxx graced us with on 2/16/2017 1:24 AM:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/15/mozilla_serious_speed/

One person's comments in "the  A Register"

[excerpt quote=\"
I'd like to see Mozilla embrace that approach. I'd like to see Mozilla continue to forget about the Firefox UI and focus their attention lower down in the stack. The Firefox UI isn't broken, it works quite well, it's stable, don't go messing with it. Don't go "innovating", don't add something stupid like rounded tabs just because you hired some new designer who needs something to do.
\" /]

Or here's a novel thought, instead of the paid Mozilla team spending time and money on feverishly attempting to keep up with Chrome and MSIE's UI changes, why not pull a Poseidon and, "Release the Themers!"? Give them back the tools to modify the styling of the UI available pre-Australis, pre-Personas, then hold off UI changes until the Themers can use a solid UI architecture to seed the and encourage {complete} theme development. Then they could redirect the devs focused on cookie-cutter UI changes to work on Fx internal development.

--
Sailfish