Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

My final comment to answer your last question (See below)...

On Sun Feb 12 2017 19:58:49 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Sailfish
<NIXCAPSsailfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My bloviated meandering follows what Disaster Master graced us with on
> 2/12/2017 10:57 AM:
>> On 2/10/2017, 4:30:15 PM, Sailfish
>> <NIXCAPSsailfish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Referring to Richard Standring as a, ahem, "tax researcher" is akin to
>>> referring to Al Capone as a whiskey researcher.
>> Actually, I was just looking quickly for the reference to the Grace
>> Commission Report, which is where this determination was made, and which
>> is referenced before the reference to Standring - whom I've never heard
>> of, but that is not surprising, since there are hundreds of souls who
>> have gone down the numerous rabbit holes that is the IRC.
> Okay, but it easier to find said report by googling it by name and
> picking a more credible source like say,
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grace_Commission

Yeah, well, when I'm in a hurry sometimes I don't use the perfect search
term. I wasn't just searching on 'Grace Commission', I was searching for
the paragraph I remember reading decades ago backing up what I said.

>> So... care to address the real point, the fact that The Grace Commission
>> determined that not one nickel of federal income taxes collected goes to
>> pay for any government services?
> Foul! That's not what you stated. As a reminder, it was:
>
> "Every cent collected via the income tax goes to pay the interest on the
> debt."
>
> Care to amend that?

Nope. Right there in the wikipedia link you yourself provided (but
apparently didn't bother reading):

“With two thirds of everyone’s personal income taxes wasted or not
collected, 100 percent of what is collected is absorbed solely by
interest on the federal debt and by federal government contributions to
transfer payments. In other words, all individual income tax revenues
are gone before one nickel is spent on the services [that] taxpayers
expect from their government."

> That's really rich. Anyone on these boards (and the Netscape ones before
> these) knows that I'm a stickler when it comes to Ponzi schemes like
> Social Security and bogus lockboxes, as well as driving the National
> Debt to stratospheric heights all the while BSing the masses into
> believing that along as GDP growth keeps ahead of spending growth that
> the economy will be hunky-dory because the unelected wizards behind the
> Feds curtail keep proclaiming it to be true.

And yet you don't even know which dollar you use to measure your
'income' - or the fact that the very word 'income' has a very different
meaning than what most people think.

As you said, 'whatevs'...