Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF51/playstore weirdness

My bloviated meandering follows what The Real Bev graced us with on 2/11/2017 2:20 PM:
On 02/11/2017 10:35 AM, Sailfish wrote:
2/11/2017 10:16 AM:
The bookmarklet below works on Windows but since I don't have Linux
installed yet in VirtualBox after my latest desktop upgrade, I can't
test it there. I suspect it may not, be you might want to give it a try,
anyway.

//
//
just copy the line starting with "javascript" and don't break it up.

I feel stupid.  Where do I copy it TO?

np,

1. Ctrl+B to open Bookmarks sidebar
2. Right-click any folder and select New Bookmark...
   Note: I stuck mine in Bookmarks Toolbar folder for easy access

then, minimally,
3. Name: "Open in Chrome"
4. Location: Paste the line above
5. Click Add

It should then show up. Then, when you happen on a recalcitrant site, click the "Open in Chrome" bookmark. On Windows, the first time you use it, it wants you to point to the executable file to associate it with. In Windows case, it's "chrome.exe". From that point forward, it won't ask again but instead simply open chrome and pass it the URL from the tab in Fx.

Again, I suspect this may not work with Linux.

--
Sailfish