Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF51/playstore weirdness

On 02/11/2017 11:04 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what EE graced us with on 2/11/2017
10:43 AM:
The Real Bev wrote:
If they're happy with me shutting off my adblocker and even the
cookie-trackers I'm OK with that, but the shitheads STILL won't let me
in with FF.  No problem with chrome.

Feed them a nice fake user-agent to make them think you are using their
preferred browser.  User-agent switcher works well, especially if you
fill in the blanks in the fakes with the proper format.  Why the extra
information was left out of the .xml files I have no idea, but I think
it advisable to put everything in above "Vendor".

I tried that, although I have no idea what the "proper format" might be. No joy.

Does it work for the link below, I tried several UAs and it still refuse
d to get past the subscription pop-up.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-immigration-ice-20170210-story.html

Nope.

--
Cheers, Bev
   Subscribe today to "Fire in the Hole - the Quarterly Journal