Web lists-archives.com

Re: FF51/playstore weirdness

On 02/10/2017 01:36 PM, Sailfish wrote:
2/10/2017 11:46 AM:
Early this morning I searched for a particular game and found it.  Later
on I did a similar search with no result at all.  No dropdown with
possibilities, NOTHING.  Restarted FF, restarted X, rebooted the computer.

Imagine my joy to discover over 200 blank pages that I had to delete
individually.  Ran FF in safe mode.   Still, no search capability.
Chrome works fine.

I'd like to blame somebody, but I really don't know where to point the
gun :-(

First, run Fx with Add-ons disabled. If the problem still exists, try
creating a new profile (after saving your existing one) and see if the
problem still occurs.

"Safe mode" but I've added stuff via the .css and prefs files, as well as changing a lot of preferences.

Report back with findings.

New profile, no alterations at all (it REALLY hurt, though!). The playstore worked properly, but Facebook still refuses to show some videos. The only one I've tried so far said "Something went wrong. We're having trouble playing this video. Learn more" which gives options: (1) Restart your browser; (2) update your browser; or (3) use a different browser. Zuck should rot in hell.

It did suggest that I update libavcodec. Something suppressed that message before. Hmmm. The one I have is from 2012.

--
Cheers, Bev
 People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's