Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/9/2017, 1:09:54 PM, Caver1 <caver1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/09/2017 12:26 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> All taxation is (legalized) theft, there is simply no other way to put it.
>>
>> Medicare is providing some of that tax money to specific individuals,
>> not ALL individuals, so falls into the category of 'taking from one to
>> give to another'.
>>
>> An excellent little anecdote explaining this concept from none other
>> than Davy Crockett (yes, THAT Davy Crockett):
>>
>> https://fee.org/resources/not-your-to-give-2/
> All taxation is theft?

Yes.

I know it is difficult for some to grasp, but think of it this way...

Is it theft if you stop me on the street, stick a gun in my face, reach
into my pocket and take money?

How about if it is you and a buddy of yours?

So, why does it all of a sudden NOT become theft, when you and some
unknown number of your friends 'inform' me that you got together and
'voted' that you could take money from them at gunpoint, without legal
consequences?

> how did you get the roads that you use

What does that have to do with the fact that 'all taxation is theft'?

Anyway, I didn't 'get' them, they aren't 'my' roads, they are public
roads, paid for by public money, for the benefit of everyone.

They are (or were supposed to be) paid for by the gas tax, and I pay
plenty, believe me, and have no guilt in using the public roads.

> or the paramedics that you may need occasionally?

You mean the one that I used one time almost 20 years ago that sent me a
bill for $1,500?

> There are other programs that benefit others that may not
> need medicare.
> Medicare is for everyone over 65. So in essence it is for
> all people.

Please provide the clause in Article I Section VIII (known as the
'enumerated powers' of the federal government) that authorizes Medicare,
or the FDA, or the Dept of Education, or Energy, or any of the other
dozens of federal bureaucracies that shouldn't exist.

I won't hold my breath.