Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/9/2017, 2:28:29 AM, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2/8/2017 3:59 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
>>>>
>>> Both are harmful conduct.
>> Wrong. One is a violent crime.
>>
>> The other harms no one but, possibly, the drug user.
>>
> And his family, friends, and the people he steals from to pay for his
> habit.  Don't forget 'collateral damage.

The amount of stretching you are willing to do to force your views on
others boggles the mind.

By your argument, cars, guns, knives, and baseball bats should be
illegal too, because their misuse occasionally result in 'bad things'
happening.

Are you really ignorant of the fact that the vast majority of drug users
are not thieves, have jobs, families, and just want you to take your
'moral superiority complex' and shove it where the sun don't shine.

Oh - this is coming from a former addict who went through treatment
twice and has first hand knowledge of the dangers of drug use.

> Yes, I include prescription drugs, overdoses, suicides, and prescription
> errors.

In fact, I would argue that deaths from LEGAL prescription drug use (NOT
abuse) is one the hidden leading causes of death.

> Too many people think that if one is good, 5 are better.  And
> over the counter drugs such as Tylenol manage to kill people because of
> this 'more is better' idea.

I agree. So now you want to outlaw Tylenol too.

So, as I said, you are either just a TROLL, or a fascists (now out of
the closet).

>> But from currently illegal drugs? You'll have to prove it, and I don't
>> think you can.
>>
> I don't think that would be very difficult.

So do it. I won't hold my breath.

> Many of the deaths that are
> just counted as 'gun deaths' go back to illegal drugs, either deals,
> dealers (who don't get paid), or impurities that cause unexpected effects.

 And all of these situations would no longer exist if drugs were
legalized. That is the point.