Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/8/2017 3:59 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 2/8/2017, 4:46:10 PM, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/8/2017 8:46 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
Equating murder and drug use? Ron, I'm beginning to lose all respect for
you, and deem you either just a TROLL, or a sad victim of the
fascist-drug-war-industrial-complex.

Both are harmful conduct.

Wrong. One is a violent crime.

The other harms no one but, possibly, the drug user.

And his family, friends, and the people he steals from to pay for his habit. Don't forget 'collateral damage.

Of course, just as with the use/misuse of a gun, I am separating the
behavior of the person from the act of ingesting the drug itself.

I see no difference between one and the other.

Then you are blind.

How many people die each year from drugs?  Hint, more than die
from guns, and cars put together.

If you include legal, prescription drugs, I believe you are correct.

Yes, I include prescription drugs, overdoses, suicides, and prescription errors. Too many people think that if one is good, 5 are better. And over the counter drugs such as Tylenol manage to kill people because of this 'more is better' idea.

But from currently illegal drugs? You'll have to prove it, and I don't
think you can.

I don't think that would be very difficult. Many of the deaths that are just counted as 'gun deaths' go back to illegal drugs, either deals, dealers (who don't get paid), or impurities that cause unexpected effects.