Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/7/2017 9:57 PM, Caver1 wrote:
On 02/07/2017 07:47 PM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/7/2017 10:19 AM, Caver1 wrote:
On 02/07/2017 10:39 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/7/2017 2:37 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 7/02/2017 12:40 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 2/6/2017, 2:25:40 AM, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/5/2017 1:46 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-02-05 13:20, Disaster Master wrote:
The point is, trying to legislate morality will never, ever work
the way
those who want to do it would like to believe.

Legalize all drugs, tax them like alcohol, and funnel the tax
revenue
into drug treatment programs for those that want it, and you
turn a
huge
net negative into a hug net positive, with one, simple
philosophical/legal flip of the switch.
And you save tons of money wasted on the War Against Drugs...

Yeah, and we could save a lot of money by legalizing armed robbery,
rape, and assault too.  Not up for that, either!

Excuse me, Ron, but that these kinds of insidious stretches are a
major
button for me, especially when done in such a flippant manner.
There is
simply no, ZERO comparison here, and your attempt top make one is an
insult and affront to the victims of said violent crimes, and you owe
them all an apology.

Armed robbery, rape and assault are horrible, violent crimes, with
real
victims, regardless of the existence or absence of a law. against it.

Doing drugs in the comfort of ones own home hurts no one.

Yeah!! Sure!! And I've never heard any of the family members of users
having been affected by one "Doing drugs in the comfort of ones own
home"!! Or of the users of some of the "legalised" drugs, either.

Not to mention the families of "ice" users, etc., etc..

Visit a city hospital, and ask the ER people how many children they
treated for drug exposure in the past week.
It is bad enough when they get into prescription drugs, which can be
quantified, and for which treatment protocols exist, but for illegal
drugs, they don't know the concentration, source, impurities, or
quantities involved, it can be very difficult to treat them.

So you are one that thinks that by making them legal more youths will
use drugs?

Yes, definitely.  Otherwise we could stem the time of murders by just
making it legal.   How do you think that would work?

With the controls that are put on sales, yes some will still get the
weed. If the illegal weed disappears then fewer wold get the weed then
do know with no legal weed.
Case in point, since a few states have made it legal the amount coming
across the border has dropped substantially but the harder drugs have
picked up.

Oh, that's reassuring...