Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/7/2017 10:01 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Tue Feb 07 2017 10:53:10 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Establishment owners should have the freedom to allow or disallow
smoking (including pot) in their own establishments, PERIOD.
NOT if it is open to the public!  Private clubs, another matter entirely.

Just because I allow anyeon to enter my establishment does not negate
the fact that it is MY establishment.

Oh? Try not making a wedding cake for a gay couple. Try telling a gay couple they can't sit at a table and make out, if others of opposite sex get away with it. Try telling someone they are too old, or too fat, or too ugly, to eat in your restaurant. See how fast you end up in court charged with civil rights violations.

As long as I post a sign, warning you that I allow guns and smoking in
my store, the choice becomes yours as to whether or not you choose to
grace us with your presence.

You do NOT have the right to force me to not smoke in my own place of
business.

It is amazing how natzi like some right wing nut jobs can be.

I can see room for a law that requires every establishment to post a
sign declaring their policy - then it is up to you if you want to
frequent their establishment, knowing they allow people to smoke (pot,
cigarettes, whatever).
I would never go past that sign.

That is fine - and the point. THAT is where your Right to not be
offended by pot smoke STOPS.