Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/7/2017 9:58 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Tue Feb 07 2017 10:50:22 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ever hear the old saying "Your freedom to swing your fist ends where my
nose begins."  It applies in this case.

In some cases, where people are cooped up together and don't have a
choice (ie, on an airplane).

My objection is that smoke
permeates the airspace, even outside, and if my nose is affected, then
you freedom ended.

No, sorry, you are wrong.

Or, are you now going to promote outlawing - then fining and maybe
jailing for repeat offenders - those who choose to fart in your general
direction.

Sorry, but you do NOT have the 'right' to not be offended.

A fart is not offensive. Unpleasant, but other than idiots who set fire to them, they cause no harm. Big difference.

Was walking into a restaurant yesterday, and a woman
was standing beside the building smoking.  Even 15 feet away, downwind
from her, and her smoke was annoying.

Nor do you have a 'right' to not be annoyed.

Which is why I walked on by, rather than shoving the cigarette down her throat. Still, harmful to my allergies.

Walking down the street leading
to Pike Street Market one nice day in 2001, I had to sit down when I
entered the market, and wait while the 'buzz' faded from the quantity of
second hand pot smoke I inhaled in the one block walk!  I can imagine
how it is now!!
So don't go to the market. That is where your freedom lies.

I haven't been since.  Would probably need a gas mask to get there now.