Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On Tue Feb 07 2017 10:50:22 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ever hear the old saying "Your freedom to swing your fist ends where my
> nose begins."  It applies in this case.

In some cases, where people are cooped up together and don't have a
choice (ie, on an airplane).

> My objection is that smoke
> permeates the airspace, even outside, and if my nose is affected, then
> you freedom ended.

No, sorry, you are wrong.

Or, are you now going to promote outlawing - then fining and maybe
jailing for repeat offenders - those who choose to fart in your general
direction.

Sorry, but you do NOT have the 'right' to not be offended.

> Was walking into a restaurant yesterday, and a woman
> was standing beside the building smoking.  Even 15 feet away, downwind
> from her, and her smoke was annoying.

Nor do you have a 'right' to not be annoyed.

> Walking down the street leading
> to Pike Street Market one nice day in 2001, I had to sit down when I
> entered the market, and wait while the 'buzz' faded from the quantity of
> second hand pot smoke I inhaled in the one block walk!  I can imagine
> how it is now!!
So don't go to the market. That is where your freedom lies.