Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/7/2017 9:18 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Mon Feb 06 2017 16:53:50 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Last point - or rather, rhetorical question...

If it took a constitutional amendment to outlaw alcohol, why didn't it
take the same thing to outlaw other drugs?

Good question.  Don't have an answer.  Wasn't around that far back...  Grin.

It was rhetorical, because the answer is obvious to anyone who knows
anything about Constitutional Law.

The answer is, it lawfully does require a Constitutional Amendment.

So, in reality, the federal government has no current lawful authority
to outlaw drugs.

They have gotten around this by TAXING them, then hiding this fact under
a mountain of obscure legalese, counting on people's ignorance to avoid
a confrontation.

If I was independently wealthy, attacking this issue is something I
would do by hiring the best Constitutional lawyers around and
formulating a plan to abolish the war on drugs once and for all.

I believe laws like that are part of promoting the common welfare. But, they should be left to the states!