Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On Mon Feb 06 2017 17:01:40 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> See my earlier message on that subject.  THis is the reason I am so
> strongly opposed to legalizing pot;  It is most often used by SMOKING
> it.  This removes the choice to be affected by it from anyone in near
> proximity, such as the next restroom stall or walking down a street in
> Seattle, or sitting in a restaurant, bingo hall, or any other public place.

So, you haven't heard of laws against public drinking/intoxication?

Establishment owners should have the freedom to allow or disallow
smoking (including pot) in their own establishments, PERIOD.

I can see room for a law that requires every establishment to post a
sign declaring their policy - then it is up to you if you want to
frequent their establishment, knowing they allow people to smoke (pot,
cigarettes, whatever).

People who want to stay in business and maximize revenue will generally
set their own rules in accordance with what the public wants.