Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 7/02/2017 12:40 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 2/6/2017, 2:25:40 AM, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/5/2017 1:46 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-02-05 13:20, Disaster Master wrote:
The point is, trying to legislate morality will never, ever work the way
those who want to do it would like to believe.

Legalize all drugs, tax them like alcohol, and funnel the tax revenue
into drug treatment programs for those that want it, and you turn a huge
net negative into a hug net positive, with one, simple
philosophical/legal flip of the switch.
And you save tons of money wasted on the War Against Drugs...

Yeah, and we could save a lot of money by legalizing armed robbery,
rape, and assault too.  Not up for that, either!

Excuse me, Ron, but that these kinds of insidious stretches are a major
button for me, especially when done in such a flippant manner. There is
simply no, ZERO comparison here, and your attempt top make one is an
insult and affront to the victims of said violent crimes, and you owe
them all an apology.

Armed robbery, rape and assault are horrible, violent crimes, with real
victims, regardless of the existence or absence of a law. against it.

Doing drugs in the comfort of ones own home hurts no one.

Yeah!! Sure!! And I've never heard any of the family members of users having been affected by one "Doing drugs in the comfort of ones own home"!! Or of the users of some of the "legalised" drugs, either.

Not to mention the families of "ice" users, etc., etc..

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501