Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/6/2017 7:40 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 2/6/2017, 2:25:40 AM, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/5/2017 1:46 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-02-05 13:20, Disaster Master wrote:
The point is, trying to legislate morality will never, ever work the way
those who want to do it would like to believe.

Legalize all drugs, tax them like alcohol, and funnel the tax revenue
into drug treatment programs for those that want it, and you turn a huge
net negative into a hug net positive, with one, simple
philosophical/legal flip of the switch.
And you save tons of money wasted on the War Against Drugs...

Yeah, and we could save a lot of money by legalizing armed robbery,
rape, and assault too.  Not up for that, either!

Excuse me, Ron, but that these kinds of insidious stretches are a major
button for me, especially when done in such a flippant manner. There is
simply no, ZERO comparison here, and your attempt top make one is an
insult and affront to the victims of said violent crimes, and you owe
them all an apology.

Armed robbery, rape and assault are horrible, violent crimes, with real
victims, regardless of the existence or absence of a law. against it.

Doing drugs in the comfort of ones own home hurts no one.

See my earlier message on that subject. THis is the reason I am so strongly opposed to legalizing pot; It is most often used by SMOKING it. This removes the choice to be affected by it from anyone in near proximity, such as the next restroom stall or walking down a street in Seattle, or sitting in a restaurant, bingo hall, or any other public place.