Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/5/2017 12:20 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On 2/4/2017, 3:05:50 AM, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, you think making something a crime doesn't deter anyone from doing
it?

In some cases, sure... in other cases - for example, young people
(teenagers) - outlawing things like drugs or alcohol merely increase the
'mystique', and in many cases, makes it MORE likely they will give it a
try than if it was just regulated like cigarettes.

I guess then, we don't need ANY laws, because, with that logic,
everyone will just do the right thing if you leave them alone?
What a wonderful idea, but my experience doesn't support that idea.

The point is, trying to legislate morality will never, ever work the way
those who want to do it would like to believe.

Legalize all drugs, tax them like alcohol, and funnel the tax revenue
into drug treatment programs for those that want it, and you turn a huge
net negative into a hug net positive, with one, simple
philosophical/legal flip of the switch.

And a massive problem with ACTIONS. I am not concerned with the morality, but the idea of a guy driving one the road with while under the influence of PCP, or Heroin isn't something we need. Did you see the picture of the guy the cop tasered three times and he kept coming? Finally a bystander helped take him down. Chances are the guy was on something like PCP that makes the taser ineffective. Pretty bad trouble for law enforcement! Of course, they didn't need a drug charge on this guy, as he had an armory in his trunk, and was shouting terrorist slogans.