Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2017-02-05 13:20, Disaster Master wrote:
On 2/4/2017, 3:05:50 AM, Ron Hunter <rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So, you think making something a crime doesn't deter anyone from doing
it?

In some cases, sure... in other cases - for example, young people
(teenagers) - outlawing things like drugs or alcohol merely increase the
'mystique', and in many cases, makes it MORE likely they will give it a
try than if it was just regulated like cigarettes.

I guess then, we don't need ANY laws, because, with that logic,
everyone will just do the right thing if you leave them alone?
What a wonderful idea, but my experience doesn't support that idea.

The point is, trying to legislate morality will never, ever work the way
those who want to do it would like to believe.

Legalize all drugs, tax them like alcohol, and funnel the tax revenue
into drug treatment programs for those that want it, and you turn a huge
net negative into a hug net positive, with one, simple
philosophical/legal flip of the switch.

And you save tons of money wasted on the War Against Drugs...

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com