Web lists-archives.com

Re: [OT] Yemen (wasRe: King Donald)

On 2/4/2017 4:48 PM, Sailfish wrote:
2/4/2017 2:10 PM:
On 2/4/2017 12:59 PM, Sailfish wrote:
2/4/2017 10:36 AM:

<snip />

One, I didn't vote for any of the 2-party candidates, either. To answer
your question, just as I don't believe in laissez faire capitalism,
neither do I believe in middle class gutting free markets. Both must be
regulated.

Two, sorry to hear that you have little care for your fellow US workers
just so you can get your paws on tainted "glitter and shiny" technology.

There is a difference between concern for workers, and wanting to be
able to afford food shelter and clothing on a fixed income.  Every
time a union negotiates a raise, I lose standard of living!  So don't
cry to me about US workers, who have priced themselves out of many
markets.

To take you literally, you clearly believe that all price increases are
due to labor costs and none to increasing the companies' bottom line.
And, of course, who could argue that when we can clearly see that
reflecting on BigCorps barely teetering on bankruptcy... Oh, wait!

Most rising prices are due to labor costs. Look at any business that uses lots of workers, and you will see that clearly. Even those costs for materials, and transportation boil down to cost of wages. Why do you think businesses are moving steadily toward more mechanization?

Ron, it seems like you might be a proponent of the anarcho-capitalism
philosophy (queue Lew Rockwell) which is just as blind to its societal
pitfalls as was alt-left progressivism (queue Karl Marx).

Yes, American workers have priced themselves out of almost all of the
3rd world workforce markets. Remind me again, why is making 10 cents to
the dollar wages something to aspire to?

Never said it was. Unions are responsible for this short-sighted view. They see wages as the main point, rather than working conditions, safety, and rules. Look at the companies with the highest employee satisfaction. It is the overall work environment, coupled with a reasonable pay level, that generates a satisfied worker. Lots of details that don't seem to be in reports, like an attitude of working together, openness in management, and really valuing the individual, go into worker satisfaction, NOT just the money.