Web lists-archives.com

Re: [OT] Yemen (wasRe: King Donald)

My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 2/4/2017 2:10 PM:
On 2/4/2017 12:59 PM, Sailfish wrote:
2/4/2017 10:36 AM:

<snip />

One, I didn't vote for any of the 2-party candidates, either. To answer
your question, just as I don't believe in laissez faire capitalism,
neither do I believe in middle class gutting free markets. Both must be
regulated.

Two, sorry to hear that you have little care for your fellow US workers
just so you can get your paws on tainted "glitter and shiny" technology.

There is a difference between concern for workers, and wanting to be able to afford food shelter and clothing on a fixed income. Every time a union negotiates a raise, I lose standard of living! So don't cry to me about US workers, who have priced themselves out of many markets.

To take you literally, you clearly believe that all price increases are due to labor costs and none to increasing the companies' bottom line. And, of course, who could argue that when we can clearly see that reflecting on BigCorps barely teetering on bankruptcy... Oh, wait!

Ron, it seems like you might be a proponent of the anarcho-capitalism philosophy (queue Lew Rockwell) which is just as blind to its societal pitfalls as was alt-left progressivism (queue Karl Marx).

Yes, American workers have priced themselves out of almost all of the 3rd world workforce markets. Remind me again, why is making 10 cents to the dollar wages something to aspire to?

--
Sailfish