Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

My bloviated meandering follows what Ron Hunter graced us with on 2/4/2017 1:11 AM:
On 2/2/2017 9:57 AM, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Disaster Master graced us with on
2/2/2017 6:33 AM:

<snip />

Donald Trump’s pick for secretary of education may not get the votes
she needs.
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/betsy-devos-education-secretary-vote_us_589231cee4b00b0542adb458?>

Well, while the source is an obvious fake news site, she is on the
brink. Hopefully she'll squeak through.

Maybe, but it smells like the fix is in; especially if Sessions is
approved first, allowing his Senate seat to be reappointed.

If you mean the Republicans are going to have more votes, yep, the 'fix' is in.

Right now she has 50 Repub votes with Session's, requiring Pence to cast the majority vote for her (assuming no other Repub decides to not vote for her). If Session's chairmanship is voted in first, that removes a Repub vote until another Senator can replace him, changing the dynamic of the situation.

--
Sailfish