Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 02/04/2017 03:58 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/2/2017 9:44 AM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-02-02 10:24, WaltS48 wrote:
On 02/02/2017 09:27 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 16:22:18 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
<thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Don't have to legalize drugs to put penal system employees on welfare.

Pennsylvania is closing two State Correctional Institutes, including
the
one here in Pittsburgh.

You sure thats not just because they are privatizing their prisons
(something I'm dead set against)?

It is because the crime rate is down, contrary to what some say. It is
only the one here in Pittsburgh. Somehow, I missed that fact.

Other states are confronting similar reverse-capacity issues. Texas
and New York have closed prisons in recent years, and Michigan last
year announced the closing of a prison, citing declining inmate
populations and budget pressure. A December report from the Pew
Charitable Trusts said that, from 2010 to 2015, 35 states reduced
their imprisonment rates, led by California.

<http://www.post-gazette.com/news/state/2017/01/23/New-normal-With-crime-rates-down-Pennsylvania-set-to-close-2-prisons/stories/201701230120>

<http://www.post-gazette.com/local/city/2017/01/26/SCI-Pittsburgh-slated-for-closure/stories/201701260139>

Aw gee, all those liberal fake news sites, spreading cheer and
confidence again. Don't these people _know_ that America is a disaster?

Maybe it is a case of criminals not liking the air in Pittsburg. Or they just can't find anything they WANT there. Lots of possible factors.

Pittsburg is in California, Florida, Kansas, New Hampshire, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and a few unincorporated communities, former towns and other places. I don't know what the air quality is in those places, but here it is good.

<http://www.achd.net/air/index.php>

SCI Pittsburgh is a state prison, not the local county jail. I think that is still crowded. Nope, population hovers around 2200 for 2766 beds.

The factors for closing the state prison are, the crime rate is down statewide, low unemployment rate in Allegheny County, compared to the other locations considered and budget. But you knew that because you read the articles linked above. At least the first link which even states "with-crime-rates-down".

It's nice to see they are down in Texas also, or isn't there anything they WANT there.

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS