Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/2/2017 9:55 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 02/02/2017 03:58 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/1/2017 1:39 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 14:32:55 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2017-02-01 09:45, Disaster Master wrote:
[...]
Imagine, a hardcore
supporter of charter schools and school choice being made the Sec
of Ed!
[...]

I'd prefer an opponent of "testing". But in the USA superstitious
awe of
numbers prevails, so it's unlikely that the USA will produce numerate
people any time soon.

Have a good day.

Ask and ye shall receive.

She is adamantly opposed to 'Common Core', strongly supporting local
control and home schooling.

Both of which I strongly agree with her on.  Public school is like
eating at a cafeteria.  You might get full, but you probably won't
particularly enjoy it, and probably won't get the most nutritious food
available, and certainly won't get the best tasting food available.
Public schools cater to the lowest common denominator.
And I went through 12 years of public schooling, in a VERY poor school
district, back when local schools WERE locally funded, and have subbed
in some of the most prosperous areas as well, to get a broad picture.

This have anything to do with the education problem?

Lets me see it from multiple sides, with multiple examples because subbing means I taught in multiple schools in multiple districts, and quite different social strata. Very educational for me..

With the end of the federal economic stimulus in 2011, schools found
themselves with less money from the state and federal governments.
When schools do become locally funded (which I think they are in the
numerous school districts here) will you be willing to pay?