Web lists-archives.com

Re: [OT] Yemen (wasRe: King Donald)

On 2017-02-02 23:18, Sailfish wrote:
My bloviated meandering follows what Wolf K. graced us with on 2/2/2017
5:03 PM:
On 2017-02-02 19:57, Rinaldi wrote:
Wolf K. decreed, Read These Runes!:
-------------
The raid was originally planned before Obama left office. The delay
should have caused a request for newer intelligence. Conditions on the
ground change very quickly.

Do you really believe Trump acted without input from his new SecDef and
the Joint Chiefs?  Just how credible is the military source that leaked
the info?  Is this a rush to judgement?

Who knows? After all, there are no trustworthy media of any kind left
any more, right?

Why attribute to logic that which can be attributed to snark.

Scott Pelley (CBS) didn't make it his lede tonight so I doubt it's been
verified.

It was reported by Reuters, and the debacle was the lead on BBC news
app, with the headline emphasising the civilian deaths (including an
8-year-old girl).

Sleep well,

Just to be clear, my read is that Rinaldi wasn't disputing the incident
nor Trump's giving the okay. He was taking issue with your suggestion
that Trump took operational control of the mission, more here:

REF: http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/politics/us-raid-yemen/

Sure, the President doesn't "take control" of the mission, but he must authorise it before it can go ahead. Of course Trump was briefed. I'm questioning both the quality of the briefing and Trump's apparently unquestioning acceptance of it. I don't expect to find enough information to evaluate speculations, so I won't speculate.

The only clues we have to Trump's management style is what we can glean from what little has been reported about his businesses, plus what Trump does, says, and tweets in public. The only firm inference from those crumbs of data is that Trump sees himself as a boss, not a leader. That's not good. A country is not a business.

Have a good day,

--
Wolf K.
https://kirkwood40.blogspot.com