Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 02/02/2017 01:03 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/1/2017 2:38 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/01/2017 10:26 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 11:58:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/1/2017 7:53 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
The only things I know about him that I don't like are his support of
institutionalized torture, and his anti-drug stance.

Although, he did used to be very pro full legalization of drugs (treat
them like alcohol), so maybe he'll come back around to that.
I doubt that.  It is way to easy to lose control when half the people in
a country are stoned most of the time.

This is a typical pro drug war mentality/argument.

The fact is, if drugs were completely legalized, it probably wouldn't
change the ratio of stoned to non stoned much, if at all, and in many
cases, over time, the number of drug users would actually go down.

And we'd have a lot of LE and penal system employees on welfare along
with a lighter load on the courts.  I suspect that the tax burden would
be a LOT less, though, and that the number of deaths from overdose would
eventually decrease.

You mean as the number of users with out of control habits managed to
kill themselves with ODs.  Somehow I doubt that.  Surely hasn't happened
with alcohol, or with pot where it is legal!

I was thinking mostly of heroin overdoses, which are common enough that ambulances carry anti-heroin-overdose injectables. Apparently some people are able to control their usage and lead normal, even admirable, productive lives. Some clearly are not. Making it a crime doesn't seem to help anyone except people whose livelihood depends on keeping it a crime.

--
Cheers. Bev
   It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament