Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 02/02/2017 12:46 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/1/2017 12:26 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 11:58:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/1/2017 7:53 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
The only things I know about him that I don't like are his support of
institutionalized torture, and his anti-drug stance.

Although, he did used to be very pro full legalization of drugs (treat
them like alcohol), so maybe he'll come back around to that.
I doubt that.  It is way to easy to lose control when half the people in
a country are stoned most of the time.

This is a typical pro drug war mentality/argument.

The fact is, if drugs were completely legalized, it probably wouldn't
change the ratio of stoned to non stoned much, if at all, and in many
cases, over time, the number of drug users would actually go down.

Nice theory.  How did it work with alcohol?

We don't have a lot of bootleggers now. Not many hatchet-faced women taking the axe to barrels of liquor. Not many turf wars over who gets to sell liquor where. When was the last time you heard about rum-runners?

How is it working with pot?
Check the crime rates in places like Seattle, and Denver for the last
few years....

Since you obviously know... What kind of crimes and how are the rates different?

--
Cheers. Bev
   It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament