Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2017-02-02 11:31, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 2/2/2017 at 10:24 AM, Wolf K.'s prodigious digits fired off with
great aplomb:
On 2017-02-02 04:10, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/1/2017 9:46 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/01/2017 01:22 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 02/01/2017 03:38 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/01/2017 10:26 AM, Disaster Master wrote:

The fact is, if drugs were completely legalized, it probably wouldn't
change the ratio of stoned to non stoned much, if at all, and in many
cases, over time, the number of drug users would actually go down.

And we'd have a lot of LE and penal system employees on welfare along
with a lighter load on the courts.  I suspect that the tax burden
would
be a LOT less, though, and that the number of deaths from overdose
would
eventually decrease.

Don't have to legalize drugs to put penal system employees on welfare.

Pennsylvania is closing two State Correctional Institutes, including
the
one here in Pittsburgh.

Lack of customers or doubling up on cell occupancy?

I can solve the prison crowding problem easily.  First, all those who
are taking up cells waiting for execution, execute!  All those who are
in for life with no parole, execute.  All those who are in for a third
violent felony, execute.  Lots of room!

Numbers, please. Maybe Texas is special? My impression, based on some
study of who actually ends up in jail, is that you might free up about
10% of the spaces. Most cons are in for white collar crime, drug crime,
petty theft, robbery, etc, and a quite a few because of inability to pay
fines, or for parole violations (such as forgetting to abstain from
alcohol). Short to medium sentences. Also, an astonishing number are in
jail awaiting trial.

<http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/death-row-inmates-state-and-size-death-row-year>

Thanks,

--