Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 02/02/2017 03:58 AM, Ron Hunter wrote:
On 2/1/2017 1:39 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 14:32:55 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2017-02-01 09:45, Disaster Master wrote:
[...]
Imagine, a hardcore
supporter of charter schools and school choice being made the Sec of Ed!
[...]

I'd prefer an opponent of "testing". But in the USA superstitious awe of
numbers prevails, so it's unlikely that the USA will produce numerate
people any time soon.

Have a good day.

Ask and ye shall receive.

She is adamantly opposed to 'Common Core', strongly supporting local
control and home schooling.

Both of which I strongly agree with her on. Public school is like eating at a cafeteria. You might get full, but you probably won't particularly enjoy it, and probably won't get the most nutritious food available, and certainly won't get the best tasting food available. Public schools cater to the lowest common denominator. And I went through 12 years of public schooling, in a VERY poor school district, back when local schools WERE locally funded, and have subbed in some of the most prosperous areas as well, to get a broad picture.

This have anything to do with the education problem?

With the end of the federal economic stimulus in 2011, schools found themselves with less money from the state and federal governments.
When schools do become locally funded (which I think they are in the numerous school districts here) will you be willing to pay?

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS