Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/1/2017 1:39 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 14:32:55 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2017-02-01 09:45, Disaster Master wrote:
[...]
Imagine, a hardcore
supporter of charter schools and school choice being made the Sec of Ed!
[...]

I'd prefer an opponent of "testing". But in the USA superstitious awe of
numbers prevails, so it's unlikely that the USA will produce numerate
people any time soon.

Have a good day.

Ask and ye shall receive.

She is adamantly opposed to 'Common Core', strongly supporting local
control and home schooling.

Both of which I strongly agree with her on. Public school is like eating at a cafeteria. You might get full, but you probably won't particularly enjoy it, and probably won't get the most nutritious food available, and certainly won't get the best tasting food available. Public schools cater to the lowest common denominator. And I went through 12 years of public schooling, in a VERY poor school district, back when local schools WERE locally funded, and have subbed in some of the most prosperous areas as well, to get a broad picture.