Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/1/2017 1:32 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-02-01 09:45, Disaster Master wrote:
Imagine, a hardcore
supporter of charter schools and school choice being made the Sec of Ed!

I'd prefer an opponent of "testing". But in the USA superstitious awe of
numbers prevails, so it's unlikely that the USA will produce numerate
people any time soon.

Have a good day.

Some way to accurately assess the efficiency of teachers, and teaching methods, IS needed. Is testing the students the right way? I don't think so. It ends up with teachers who have to 'teach to the test', rather than teaching the curriculum. After 5 years subbing in three districts, I came away with a pretty good idea of what ISN'T working. We need some better ideas.

general mailing list