Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/1/2017 1:32 PM, Wolf K. wrote:
On 2017-02-01 09:45, Disaster Master wrote:
[...]
Imagine, a hardcore
supporter of charter schools and school choice being made the Sec of Ed!
[...]

I'd prefer an opponent of "testing". But in the USA superstitious awe of
numbers prevails, so it's unlikely that the USA will produce numerate
people any time soon.

Have a good day.

Some way to accurately assess the efficiency of teachers, and teaching methods, IS needed. Is testing the students the right way? I don't think so. It ends up with teachers who have to 'teach to the test', rather than teaching the curriculum. After 5 years subbing in three districts, I came away with a pretty good idea of what ISN'T working. We need some better ideas.