Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 2/1/2017 9:22 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 02/01/2017 03:38 PM, The Real Bev wrote:
On 02/01/2017 10:26 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 11:58:54 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2/1/2017 7:53 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
The only things I know about him that I don't like are his support of
institutionalized torture, and his anti-drug stance.

Although, he did used to be very pro full legalization of drugs (treat
them like alcohol), so maybe he'll come back around to that.
I doubt that.  It is way to easy to lose control when half the
people in
a country are stoned most of the time.

This is a typical pro drug war mentality/argument.

The fact is, if drugs were completely legalized, it probably wouldn't
change the ratio of stoned to non stoned much, if at all, and in many
cases, over time, the number of drug users would actually go down.

And we'd have a lot of LE and penal system employees on welfare along
with a lighter load on the courts.  I suspect that the tax burden
would be a LOT less, though, and that the number of deaths from
overdose would eventually decrease.

Don't have to legalize drugs to put penal system employees on welfare.

Pennsylvania is closing two State Correctional Institutes, including the
one here in Pittsburgh.

Because of low numbers, or changes in the law? What is the local feeling? We don't hear much about Pittsburgh in Europe.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman