Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On 02/01/2017 04:20 PM, Disaster Master wrote:
On Wed Feb 01 2017 15:00:53 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Wolf K.
<wolfmac@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
She is adamantly opposed to 'Common Core', strongly supporting local
control and home schooling.
Yes, I know. Watch the US system fall even further behind the rest of
the world.

You have it backwards. It is the ridiculous federal control of our
schools that has caused us to fall so far behind. It has gotten worse
and worse with each passing year.

Putting control back where it belongs (the hands of the parents and
local govt) will fix things up nicely.

If that will fix things up nicely. Why was the system failing behind, students failing and dropping out, back in the 50's when I went to elementary school and the Department of Education didn't exist.

Looks like she might not make it.

Donald Trump’s pick for secretary of education may not get the votes she needs.
<http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/betsy-devos-education-secretary-vote_us_589231cee4b00b0542adb458?>

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS