Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On Wed Feb 01 2017 12:01:47 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), Ron Hunter
<rphunter@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is nothing wrong, in my mind, with reexamining people who have
> green cards, but have left the country, and are returning from countries
> on the terrorism list.  They aren't citizens, and should be treated
> exactly like any other random person with a visa, very carefully.

Green card holders have already been well vetted, much more so than any
refugee could ever possibly be.

People who are coming in as refugees are extremely difficult to vet (if
not impossible), because in many (most? all?) cases, there is simply no
way to check and confirm they are who they say they are, or what their
political inclinations might be.

Also, there is a difference between not letting them back in the country
(even temporarily), and simply re-examining them when they do come in.

And this would/should only apply IF they are from one of the listed
countries.