Web lists-archives.com

Re: King Donald

On Wed Feb 01 2017 10:27:45 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time), WaltS48
<thalionusa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 02/01/2017 09:45 AM, Disaster Master wrote:
>> As to the so called 'muslim ban' (it isn't). Some have claimed that
>> Trump omitted certain countries like Saudi Arabia because of his
>> business dealings. This is patently false.
> Just a ban on people from the predominately Muslim countries of Iran,
> Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Therefore Muslims.

1. It isn't a ban, it is simply a pause, while the vetting process is
reassessed.

2. People, yes - not muslims.

3. The word 'muslim' doesn't appear anywhere in the EO.

> <https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2017/02/01/2017-02281/protecting-the-nation-from-foreign-terrorist-entry-into-the-united-states>
>
>> His TEMPORARY SUSPENSION (it isn't a permanent ban, and it isn't against
>> all Muslims as the mainstream media would have you believe) on REFUGEES
>> (NOT 'Muslims') from certain countries that are on the list maintained
>> by the State Department under the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and
>> Terrorist Travel Prevention Act of 2015.- meaning, they are countries
>> known to harbor and promote terrorism and terrorists.
> All funded by Saudi Arabia, where the Sept. 11 terrorists came from.
> They aren't on the list because?

The answer is in the very link you provided, but apparently didn't
bother to actually read.

Because, as I said, he is not a dictator, and by law, he can only do
this via EO with respect to countries on the list maintained by THE
STATE DEPARTMENT.

>From the EO itself:

"(II) in a country that is designated by the Secretary of State under
section 4605(j) of title 50
<https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/lii:usc:t:50:s:4605:j> (as
continued in effect under the International Emergency Economic Powers
Act (50 U.S.C. 1701 <https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/50/1701> et
seq.)), section 2780 of title 22
<https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/2780>, section 2371 of title
22 <https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/22/2371>, or any other
provision of law, as a country, the government of which has repeatedly
provided support of acts of international terrorism;"

This is the source of the list of 7 countries.

Saudi Arabia is not on that list, which is maintained by the SOS and the
Dept of Homeland Security.

I agree they should be on it, but that is a separate issue.

>> Trump is not a dictator. He is limited by law as to what he can and
>> cannot do via EO.
> The alternate facts indicate otherwise.

Only to those incapable of rational independent thought.