Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC-6.3 now available via mingw-get

> Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:37:20 +0100
> From: Keith Marshall via MinGW-users <mingw-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: Keith Marshall <keithmarshall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> You are correct[*].  It was not intended to be so, but is that so bad?
> We have two choices: quickest, and easiest, would be to update the XML
> catalogue, to include the dependency; alternatively, I could rebuild the
> whole kit and caboodle, to eliminate the dependency, which would take
> rather a longer time.
>
> Which would you prefer?
>
> [*]: Checking in my build directory:
>
> $ mingw32-ldd dist/staged/libexec/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/cc1.exe
> dist/staged/libexec/gcc/mingw32/6.3.0/cc1.exe
>  +- ADVAPI32.DLL
>  +- KERNEL32.dll
>  +- libmingwex-0.dll
>  |   +- msvcrt.dll
>  |   +- msvcrt.dll
>  |   +- ADVAPI32.DLL
>  |   +- KERNEL32.dll

If you are going to leave cc1.exe dependent on libmingwex-0.dll,
please put that DLL under libexec, where cc1.exe lives, so that it is
not visible to "normal" MinGW builds, in case people don't want to
link against the DLL by default.  That's what I do here.

Thanks.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.