Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC-6.3 now available via mingw-get

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 13:34:02 +0200, Jannick wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:37:20 +0100, Keith Marshall via MinGW-users wrote:
> > On 25/07/17 09:37, Jannick wrote:
> > > Just as a separate note: libmingwex-0.dll appears to be a dependency
> > > to GCC6 ...
> >
> > You are correct[*].  It was not intended to be so, but is that so bad?
> > We have two choices: quickest, and easiest, would be to update the XML
> > catalogue, to include the dependency; alternatively, I could rebuild
> > the
> whole
> > kit and caboodle, to eliminate the dependency, which would take rather
> > a longer time.
> >
> > Which would you prefer?
>
> For this GCC version I would go with the easiest solution to change the
XML,
> of course - and given that the re-compilation sounds like more than a
bunch
> of lengthy work steps.

Just a second: Would that mean that the compiled executables will be
dependent on .dlls even if linked with '-static' - if possible? I must admit
that in the beginning I was assuming that the mentioned .dll is required at
compile time only, but not at runtime. If this was true, this would not what
I wanted to opt for. Would you be able to shed some light on this?

Thanks,
J.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.