Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] GCC-6.3 now available via mingw-get

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:37:20 +0100, Keith Marshall via MinGW-users wrote:
> On 25/07/17 09:37, Jannick wrote:
> > Just as a separate note: libmingwex-0.dll appears to be a dependency
> > to GCC6 ...
> You are correct[*].  It was not intended to be so, but is that so bad?
> We have two choices: quickest, and easiest, would be to update the XML
> catalogue, to include the dependency; alternatively, I could rebuild the
> kit and caboodle, to eliminate the dependency, which would take rather a
> longer time.
> Which would you prefer?

For this GCC version I would go with the easiest solution to change the XML,
of course - and given that the re-compilation sounds like more than a bunch
of lengthy work steps.
> Regards,
> Keith.

Best & thank you for all your efforts, Keith,

MinGW-users mailing list