Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] dumb newbie question

On 17/07/2017 15:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: mike <mikereape@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2017 03:48:45 +0100

This is OT here, but I won't recommend using the MSYS shell together
with a native Windows build of Emacs, as they have subtle
incompatibilities, e.g. regarding file names.
Oh aye I know all about that but since you raised the issue what would
you use to do editing while using MSYS?  Vim?  Pico?  Nano?
No, I simply never use MSYS except for building and testing MinGW
packages.  For any other work on Windows I use MinGW ports of whatever
utilities I need.

There's only one editor for me, and that is Emacs.

I agree that this is OT here so I suggest at this point that we move this discussion to the help-emacs-windows mailing list if we are to continue it.  I would think that this discussion would be of general interest there although I'm not exactly sure how to move the discussion.

Best
Mike

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.

I *AM* a unique and special snowflake