Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] dumb newbie question

So I've installed MinGW and MSYS okay and I can run MSYS and it sees the MinGW executables just fine AFAICT but I can't figure out how to change the MinGW pwd or cwd in the MSYS shell to my Windows home directory/folder (C:\Users\Mike) which is where my source to be built will be.

It doesn't seem to work like it does if I execute for example

(defun cygwin-shell ()
  "Run cygwin bash in shell mode."
  (let ((explicit-shell-file-name "C:/cygwin/bin/bash"))
    (call-interactively 'shell)))

in the *scratch* buffer in native Windows Gnu Emacs where I would just do "M-x cygwin-shell" and then do "cd /cygdrive/c" in the shell but then since MSYS is presumably different from Cygwin (although I know it's based on it) I wouldn't expect it to anyway and I can't remember how to do it in straight recent Cygwin outside of Emacs either cause everything changed a while back.

I've tried to find the answer in the MinGW wiki (which I think is great BTW) but I can't find it.

Thanks very much in advance for any help.  Once again I assume I am missing the obvious.

I *AM* a unique and special snowflake
MinGW-users mailing list