Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] bash 4 for MSYS

> From: "Paul J. Hentschel" <paul@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 19:34:38 -0400
>
> Hello everyone. I am new to the list. I have been playing around
> with building bash 4.1 for MSYS. I have what I think is a working
> build, but I was hoping to get some feedback on how to go about
> testing it, besides just installing and using it and see if anything
> goes wrong.

Thank you for your work.

Does Bash have a test suite?  If it does, I'd start by running it and
making sure all the tests pass.  Maybe you did that already.

The next step I'd recommend is to run the configure and make parts of
building complex packages, and see that this works as well as the
existing MSYS Bash does.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.