Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] bash 4 for MSYS

Hello everyone. I am new to the list. I have been playing around
with building bash 4.1 for MSYS. I have what I think is a working
build, but I was hoping to get some feedback on how to go about
testing it, besides just installing and using it and see if anything
goes wrong.

I have a repository on github here if anyone is interested:
You need to checkout branch 4.1 after cloning, master is just a
few scripts. I didn't include the bash source or upstream patches
in the repository, but there is a script, download_sources, that
will download them. Or, of course,  you can download them manually
from here: https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/bash/

BTW, the reason I am doing version 4.1 is because after this
version, there is a problem with command substitution not
working. A simple $(echo ls) or `echo ls` doesn't work.

Paul Hentschel

MinGW-users mailing list