Web lists-archives.com

[Mingw-users] mingw setup and post-install

I have been trying to install MinGW. No matter what I do I get the Basic Setup and I can't figure out how to install all packages under All Packages via the MinGW Installation Manager post-install. In particular I can't get any of the doc or lic files for example and no it is not a PATH variable issue. The packages just aren't there under c:\MinGW\bin and c:\MinGW\msys\1.0\bin. Can someone tell me how to choose all the packages in MinGW Installation Manager and install them please? I can't see how to select all the packages shown and MinGW Installation Manager> Installation > Apply Changes is greyed out.

I'm sure I'm just missing something really obvious. And yes I want everything. I downloaded from https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/latest/download?source=typ_redirect and ran it today (July 14 2017).

And no I don't want an emulation layer like Cygwin or any kind of virtualisation. I want Windows native apps and although I am running Win 7 Pro on a 64 bit machine I have many good reasons for wanting to stick to 32 bit MinGW and not 64 bit MinGW. I run a lot of native 32 bit software on my 64 bit machine again for many good reasons and I have a highly customised setup which works very well for me.

Thanks very much in advance for any help

I *AM* a unique and special snowflake

MinGW-users mailing list