Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Very difficult

> From: Papa <papa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 26 May 2017 19:41:20 -0400
>
> With all due respect, I'd like to start by changing the semantics of the conversation; for that I need to clear
> something up. I did not write any 'makefile', I just downloaded wxWidgets and proceeded to compile it
> entering, at the command prompt, the values shown in the OP. Thus, I think your statement should be 'The
> Makefile sets SHELL to an empty value.", or more accurately, 'wxWidgets's Makefile sets SHELL to an empty
> value.'
>
> Having stated the above, how can I solve this problem or should I say, how should wxWidgets fix this
> problem?

You need to look into the Makefile and find its setting of the SHELL
variable.

The immediate problem is that the Makefile caused the Make utility to
invoke the following command:

  C:/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath/ -c "if not exist ..\..\lib\gcc_dll mkdir ..\..\lib\gcc_dll"

to which Windows rightfully objected, because
C:/ProgramData/Oracle/Java/javapath/ is a directory and cannot be
invoked as a program.  Judging by the command, the intent was to
invoke the cmd.exe Windows shell here, and do it with the /c switch,
not -c switch.  So looking into the Makefile for related commands and
variables will most probably find the culprit.

I cannot say anything more specific, sorry, because I don't have the
Makefile and the source tree you are using.  If the above doesn't help
you figure out the problem, maybe asking on the wxWidgets forum will
help.

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.