Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] Secure crt functions not in header files

On 5/26/2017 10:26 AM, Keith Marshall wrote:

> Notwithstanding the above, and given that we want to keep msvcrt-xref
> fully comprehensive, while still generating libmsvcrt.a from the same
> symbol reference source, there are some symbols explicitly filtered
> out of the import libraries; we could extend the list of such symbols,
> if the user population deems it desirable.  I will be guided by the
> wishes of any significant number of users here; if you think we should
> exclude Microsoft's *_s() nonsense, please say so; if you think we
> should support it, please submit patches via the feature request
> tracker.

My vote is to keep them.  Some poor system might just be using these
regardless.  I also think if someone wants to provide proper clean room
patches with appropriate guards for these we shouldn't be glib about
adding them.

--
Earnie

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.