Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] _XOPEN_SOURCE

>It does no such thing ... null string is explicitly "".

OK, it was a mistake for me to use the word "string," since it has a specific
other meaning in the C language.  I should have said null value or zero-length
value.

But there is no concept in the C macro language of a macro with no value (I
think the technical term is "expansion") at all.

And in case there's any doubt that the author of the Linux Programming
Reference meant to include the zero-length value in the phrase "any value," as
I said before, you just have to look at the other places he uses it on the
same page -- In reference to situations where no one in the history of C
programming has ever #defined a macro with anything but a zero-length value.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.