Web lists-archives.com

Re: [Mingw-users] _XOPEN_SOURCE

>This reference [3] indicates that _XOPEN_SOURCE should contain a value.
>So prior to SUSv3 it appears to be up in the air as to how the constant
>should be used; with versus without a value.

This Linux Programming Reference is consistent with the others.

  #define _XOPEN_SOURCE

does define the macro with a value - null string.  All defined macros have
values, and the book is just telling you it doesn't matter which one you set.
If you look at how the book describes the other feature test macros, such as
_BSD_SOURCE, which never had any version number variants, you see that "with
any value" does not imply a non-null value or a numeric value.

--
Bryan Henderson                                   San Jose, California

http://www.mingw.org/Mailing_Lists.